We believe in the power of others to excite, inspire and advocate for positive change in our world. Our goal is to prepare the next generation of super-powered individuals to meet the practice and policy challenges of Paragon City and the world.
If you’re looking to make a difference in how super-powered individuals of all backgrounds and circumstances grow and thrive, we have a program designed for you.
Established heroes and superpowered individuals, this is a call to help aid those seeking to learn the ins and outs of the heroic lifestyle.
The students of the academy, our Proteges, vary in their needs. Some simply need guidance to put them on the right path, while others may need help learning to master their powerful abilities.
Mentors are required to pick one night a month to hold their class. This can be extended to twice monthly or even weekly. It is up to the mentor to provide the material needed for their Proteges.
- You are encouraged to RP and team together without the presence of a mentor. It's our hope that this part of the Invincible team will achieve some semblance of autonomy with their Mentors serving as the occasional guide and sometimes quest-giver.
- Additionally, you have the option of turning off XP gains between classes for a more immersive learning experience, but by no means is this required. The only true requirement is the acknowledgment that your character needs aid in one way or another, even if they may personally deny it at every turn.
- Your responsibility for this role-play experiment is to provide content for yourself and your IC students to explore. This can be as mundane as a classroom setting teaching the history of Paragon City (though I doubt many may repeatedly sign up for these), to creating Danger Room style missions in the AE building.
- Utilize all of the City of Heroes to your advantage. Field trips to far-reaching locations under the excuse of learning about lore, only to have it go wrong when there's a surprise attack or civilians need your help via using radio missions.
- To those applying to be mentors, you will be given a brief interview via Discord. During this interview, we will discuss your ideas before deliberating privately on your application. Note: While there is the potential for every applicant to be "hired" as a mentor, this may not be the case. We reserve the right to refuse any applicant for any reason.
Mentors, please sign up below using the following information
Mentor's Superhero Name
Mentor's Real Name (If it is publicly available)
IC Experience (If any apply - you may generalize this.)
Appropriate subjects and classes that fit your Mentor
Please prepare a general statement about the classes your Mentor will be hosting, but do not post it here. Please only provide it during the interview process.